Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by ro...@cs.tcd.ie on 2008/01/28 17:58:10 UTC

Problem Generating Management Events from DOM Elements.

Hi All,

I'm having some trouble with converting WEF ManagementEvents to strings
and back and I wonder if anybody can point out where I'm going wrong.

Here's a section of a string representation of an event (created with
event.toString() )

<muws1:SourceComponent>
        <muws1:ComponentAddress>
            <wsa:EndpointReference
xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
                <wsa:Address>http://localhost/my-resources/services/event-publisher</wsa:Address>
            </wsa:EndpointReference>
        </muws1:ComponentAddress>
        <muws1:ResourceId>MyresourceID</muws1:ResourceId>
    </muws1:SourceComponent>

If i then create a DOM element from this string and use

ManagementEvent event = new SimpleWefFactory().createEvent(domElement);

and print out that ManagementEvent I see:

<muws1:SourceComponent>
        <muws1:ComponentAddress>
            <muws1:ComponentAddress>
                <wsa:EndpointReference
                    xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"
xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
                    <wsa:Address>http://localhost/my-resources/services/event-publisher</wsa:Address>
                </wsa:EndpointReference>
            </muws1:ComponentAddress>
        </muws1:ComponentAddress>
    </muws1:SourceComponent>

It has duplicated and nested the ComponentAddress (along with duplicate
namespace) and removed the ResourceID.

This is causing problems further down the line with multiple namespace
declarations etc. When i display the domElement everything looks fine too
so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the SimpleWefFactory?

I must be doing something wrong? Is there a recommended way to serialize
and de-serialize ManagementEvents to strings?

Thanks very much!
Keith

Re: Problem Generating Management Events from DOM Elements.

Posted by Chris Twiner <ch...@gmail.com>.
regarding this and the other issue, I am trying to make a 2.2.1
release, probably within a month.  This issue too will require an
issue in Jira.

2.2.1 is aimed as a bug fix release only and should maintain backwards
compatibility, if the fix for this breaks backwards compatibility it
may have to be pushed till 2.3.0

cheers,
Chris

Posted by sunh11373 <su...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Saurabh Dravid <sa...@in.ibm.com>.
Hi,

I do notice this problem and posted it on
http://www.nabble.com/Printing-WEF-events-at-consumer-gives-Improper-SourceComponent-to11807924.html#a11807924

We need to investigate this issue further.

With best regards,

Saurabh Dravid,
Staff Software Engineer - Autonomic Computing,
India Software Lab, IBM Software Group
4205 S MIAMI BLVD, DURHAM NC 27703-9141
D148/B500
Phone: +919-254-8783, e-mail: sadravid@in.ibm.com