Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Zdravko Stanic <zs...@ezuce.com> on 2012/01/17 12:18:32 UTC

Display user details on gadget

Hi,

Please can you tell me is there any way i can display user details on my
gadget ?
What api-s i should use ?

Thank you,
Zdravko

Re: Display user details on gadget

Posted by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-252 are some example open social gadgets we tried.

Thanks
Raminder

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

I am assuming you are writing an OpenSocial gadget.

>What api-s i should use ?

OpenSocial has a rich set of APIs for accessing people data.  Rave-shindig implements the backing SPIs to expose the information from the database via the OpenSocial APIs.  For an intro on writing OpenSocial gadgets, see the following guide:

http://docs.opensocial.org/display/OSD/Building+OpenSocial+Apps.