Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> on 2013/09/14 07:17:44 UTC

Status on VB2010 support to build AOO

thbet from the IRC channel tried to build AOO 4.x in VB2010 but had some
issues at compile time.

Doing some googling I saw that VB2010 was not  supported back in 3.4.1. I
wonder whats the current status for it.

I found LibreOffice also had that issue but it was fixed on their 4.0
release notes.

Judging by the patch, seems it was mainly some maintenance to the current
DLLs in VS10.

Is this just a matter of updating the Build Guide? or does AOO still can't
be compiled in windows/visual studio 2010?

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Status on VB2010 support to build AOO

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 9/14/13 7:17 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> thbet from the IRC channel tried to build AOO 4.x in VB2010 but had some
> issues at compile time.
>
> Doing some googling I saw that VB2010 was not  supported back in 3.4.1. I
> wonder whats the current status for it.
>
> I found LibreOffice also had that issue but it was fixed on their 4.0
> release notes.
>
> Judging by the patch, seems it was mainly some maintenance to the current
> DLLs in VS10.
>
> Is this just a matter of updating the Build Guide? or does AOO still can't
> be compiled in windows/visual studio 2010?

it's probably possible with few changes but for now nobody worked on
this and provide the necessary updates. The used compiler is still VS
2008. But we have to switch sooner or later, so any help in this area is
appreciated.

Juergen