Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sockmonster <ol...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/25 19:31:25 UTC

form for nested entity

Hi, I have a question about forms. I want to create a form for an entity
class, however the entity class contains references to other entities. For
example:

class Item {
  long id;
  String name;
  String desc;
  Media media;
}

class Media {
  String filename;
  String type;
}

When I create a form for the Item entity it leaves out the Media reference
(I assume because it's not a supported type). How do I create a form that
includes media?

Many thanks.

Re: form for nested entity

Posted by sockmonster <ol...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Thiago, that worked a treat :)

Re: form for nested entity

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:15:18 -0300, Kalle Korhonen
<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using BeanEditForm? Customize the block for the corresponding Media
> property, there's an example at the end of the relevant documentation
> page:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/current/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/BeanEditForm.html.
> Also, Tynamo's tapestry-model (http://tynamo.org/tapestry-model+guide)
> handles displaying most of the aggregate entity forms out-of-the-box.

Another option, more suited if you just have one such form in your
application, is to not use BeanEditForm and use a Form and two BeanEditors
instead:

<form t:type="Form">
	<input type="submit"/>
</form>

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: form for nested entity

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Using BeanEditForm? Customize the block for the corresponding Media
property, there's an example at the end of the relevant documentation
page: http://tapestry.apache.org/current/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/BeanEditForm.html.
Also, Tynamo's tapestry-model (http://tynamo.org/tapestry-model+guide)
handles displaying most of the aggregate entity forms out-of-the-box.

Kalle