Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/09 06:44:59 UTC

Re: Tuscany Website Updates

Hi,

I have been checking the new website that is published at this link
http://people.apache.org/~rfeng/tuscany/site-publish/ on several different
occasions to see if I can adapt to the new coloring.  I think our current
site color combo (http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/) is much more
inviting and easier on the eyes. what does everyone else think?

I am copying tuscany users on this mail to get your input. The prototype at
http://people.apache.org/~rfeng/tuscany/site-publish/  has changed the
layout of the website and got rid of the tabs. Is this easier to follow?
Your feedback to make the site more user friendly is important to us. Thank
you for taking the time to give feedback.

Haleh

Re: Tuscany Website Updates

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Venkat.

The site has been updated with your latest patch. Please review it again at:

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Tuscany Website Updates

Posted by Rick <cr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tuscany Website Updates

Posted by Rick <cr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tuscany Website Updates

Posted by Katja <kr...@gmx.de>.
Hi!

Just a short feedback:
I think the new design is a lot easier to understand. I never used the tabs in the old design. The green colouring is more friendly, but the brown is also okay and does a more obvious separation of the sections.

The only thing I would like to mention is that I would prefer a sans-serif font in the navigation area on the left like it is in the old design. It is better to read.

Best regards,
Katja

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 21:44:59 -0800
Von: "haleh mahbod" <hm...@gmail.com>
An: tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org, tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Tuscany Website Updates

Re: Tuscany Website Updates

Posted by David Sanders <ds...@gmail.com>.
I prefer:
-  the new website's tab-less look.  If the menu on the left gets too
cluttered, the SCA, SDO, etc. sections could be made collapsible/expandable.
- the  current (live) site's color combo

Also, on both sites, the instructions for building Tuscany, running samples,
and Eclipse usage appear in multiple places, with some differences:
http://people.apache.org/~rfeng/tuscany/site-publish/java-projects.html
http://people.apache.org/~rfeng/tuscany/site-publish/building_source.html
http://people.apache.org/~rfeng/tuscany/site-publish/java_sdo_overview.html
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/SDO_Java_Overview

Re: Tuscany Website Updates

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On 11/8/06, haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been checking the new website that is published at this link
> http://people.apache.org/~rfeng/tuscany/site-publish/ on several different
> occasions to see if I can adapt to the new coloring.  I think our current
> site color combo (http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/) is much more
> inviting and easier on the eyes. what does everyone else think?

My preference is for the current green color schema, that is on the live
web-site.

I am copying tuscany users on this mail to get your input. The prototype at
> http://people.apache.org/~rfeng/tuscany/site-publish/  has changed the
> layout of the website and got rid of the tabs. Is this easier to follow?
> Your feedback to make the site more user friendly is important to us.
> Thank
> you for taking the time to give feedback.

The navigation looks good, but i'd like to see a central documentation page
back, as we discussed on IRC.