Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nkiesel <nk...@tbdnetworks.com> on 2007/11/23 22:31:27 UTC

JDBC journal recovery takes a _long_ time

Hi,

I'm using AQ 4.1.1 with network of 2 embedded brokers. I use Oracle in my
project and so configured the persitence adapter to use Oracle as well (see
below).  If the priimary broker was running for a some days and then killed
and restarted, recovering takes more than 1 hour:

2007-11-23 13:56:13,461 INFO
[org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter] Database driver
recognized: [oracle_jdbc_driver]
2007-11-23 13:56:13,984 INFO
[org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.DefaultDatabaseLocker] Attempting to acquire
the exclusive lock to become the Master broker
2007-11-23 13:56:14,024 INFO
[org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.DefaultDatabaseLocker] Becoming the master
on dataSource: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource@f2db2d
2007-11-23 13:56:16,506 INFO
[org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter] Journal
Recovery Started from: Active Journal: using 5 x 20.0 Megs at:
/opt/TANGO/sync/data/journal
2007-11-23 14:58:49,055 INFO
[org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter] Journal
Recovered: 25634 message(s) in transactions recovered.
2007-11-23 14:58:53,153 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService]
ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (localhost, ID:tango-34566-1195847769556-1:0)
started

Why is it taking so long?  Also, should I be worried about the "25634
message(s) in transactions recovered"? I'm using persistent queues (bridged
between the 2 brokers). Would changing the number or size of journalLogFiles
make any difference (searched for docu one these, but did not find any).

Best,
 Norbert

 <persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="/sync/data"
dataSource="#oracle-ds"/>
 </persistenceAdapter>