Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/01/22 02:41:58 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support apxs.in

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 01:11:02AM -0000, dougm@apache.org wrote:
> dougm       01/01/21 17:11:02
>
>   Modified:    support  apxs.in
>   Log:
>   adjust to ap_hook_handler changes

Meta-question: *why* does APXS spit out a sample module? Isn't that what we
have mod_example for?

IMO, we should toss that "feature" from APXS.

>   +static void %NAME%_register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
>   +{
>   +    ap_hook_handler(%NAME%_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_LAST);
>   +}

Should be APR_HOOK_MIDDLE.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support apxs.in

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> Meta-question: *why* does APXS spit out a sample module? Isn't that what we
> have mod_example for?

i assume its for the quick 'hey-it-works' factor, the embedded docs
explain howto configure and ping with lynx.  mod_example is huge, the apxs
generated module is a nice tiny bare-bones starting point.

> IMO, we should toss that "feature" from APXS.

i think its useful, and just as easy to rip out if you don't need
it.  wouldn't complain much if it went away though, i just wanted apxs to
work again.

> >   +static void %NAME%_register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
> >   +{
> >   +    ap_hook_handler(%NAME%_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_LAST);
> >   +}
>
> Should be APR_HOOK_MIDDLE.

fixed.