Posted to users@libcloud.apache.org by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/04 15:18:49 UTC

Storage volume management

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the typical or most efficient
way of handling storage volumes with Libcloud (or without it).

I'm currently working with Cloudstack (as well as some occasional
interaction with AWS). Both of these providers has a concept of storage
volumes that can be added to a node, but I don't see any way to add this
storage in Libcloud. The closest thing I've found to such a feature is this
old JIRA issue, which doesn't offer a lot of help:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD-35

If anyone could advise me on a common way of working with volumes
(preferably with Libcloud), it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any
information as to future plans (or lack thereof) to change this in Libcloud
would also be very interesting.

- Gabriel