Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2016/12/13 09:33:24 UTC

Salesforce Composite API feature

Hi devs,
I added a new feature to the Salesforce component (Composite API
SObject tree creation), that ended up needing changes in the maven
plugin to generate metadata in the DTOs. The two resulting pull
requests are:
https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/1334 and
https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/1338

I would like to continue and build upon that for the next part of the
Composite API (batch).

Would someone like to review those PRs and work with me to get them
merged upstream?

thanks :)

zoran
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Salesforce Composite API feature

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> thank you Luca and Claus for having a look, I'm writing here if
> someone is not looking at the github PRs.
>
> I have another question. This functionality brings about performance
> improvement to the users and it might be interesting to Java 7
> (2.17.x) users as well.
>
> Do you think that it would be better if the code was Java 7 based (I'm
> using method references, lambdas and streams quite liberally) so that
> it can be merged into 2.17.x as well?
>
> If I base the code on Java 7 I think it could be merged to 2.17.x as is.

No the older branches are in maintenance mode and only bug fixes and
small improvements are considered. eg we want to keep the code stable
as-is. And only do big changes on master branches.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi,

#1338 - Composite API SObject tree creation, a way to create multiple
records in Salesforce including parent-child relationships
#1344 - Composite API batch, a way to group up to 25 requests into a
single batch

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I think maybe Dhiraj would be more ideal to help review.

I took a look at 1334 and it look good to me.

And is 1338 a new feature about composite apis. So is the need for
this to do bulk API calls and get a big response with a tree that has
composite data you need?

From my pov they look good, only a few minor things which I reported

--
Claus Ibsen