Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/06/28 15:56:53 UTC

[VOTE] Log4PHP restart proposal

Several interested developers on the log4php-dev mailing list have
been working on a proposal to restart the terminated Log4PHP
incubation with the goal of producing a PHP 5 compatible version of
Log4PHP.  Almost all of the traffic on log4php-dev in the last two
months have been related to this proposal, so review the archives for
the backstory if you are interested.

At this point, there is a draft for submission to the Incubator PMC
at http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4PHP/Proposal.  The Incubator
PMC is charged with vetting the proposal and deciding whether to
proceed, however I think it is desirable that there is a Logging
Services PMC vote to indicate general support for the proposed
restart and an expected willingness to accept Log4PHP as a subproject
of Logging Services if and when it graduates from the incubator.

Let me start with a +1

RE: [VOTE] Log4PHP restart proposal

Posted by ni...@apache.org.
+1

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.
+1.

On 28/06/2007, at 11:56 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> Several interested developers on the log4php-dev mailing list have
> been working on a proposal to restart the terminated Log4PHP
> incubation with the goal of producing a PHP 5 compatible version of
> Log4PHP.  Almost all of the traffic on log4php-dev in the last two
> months have been related to this proposal, so review the archives
> for the backstory if you are interested.
>
> At this point, there is a draft for submission to the Incubator PMC
> at http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4PHP/Proposal.  The Incubator
> PMC is charged with vetting the proposal and deciding whether to
> proceed, however I think it is desirable that there is a Logging
> Services PMC vote to indicate general support for the proposed
> restart and an expected willingness to accept Log4PHP as a
> subproject of Logging Services if and when it graduates from the
> incubator.
>
> Let me start with a +1

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.

RE: [VOTE] Log4PHP restart proposal

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
+1

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201

Telephone:      503.224.7496
Cell:           503.997.1367
Fax:            503.222.0185

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com

www.comotivsystems.com

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
If the proposal is accepted, I'll help mentor the project through the incubator

[RESULT] Log4PHP restart proposal

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Jun 28, 2007, at 8:56 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> Several interested developers on the log4php-dev mailing list have
> been working on a proposal to restart the terminated Log4PHP
> incubation with the goal of producing a PHP 5 compatible version of
> Log4PHP.  Almost all of the traffic on log4php-dev in the last two
> months have been related to this proposal, so review the archives
> for the backstory if you are interested.
>
> At this point, there is a draft for submission to the Incubator PMC
> at http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4PHP/Proposal.  The Incubator
> PMC is charged with vetting the proposal and deciding whether to
> proceed, however I think it is desirable that there is a Logging
> Services PMC vote to indicate general support for the proposed
> restart and an expected willingness to accept Log4PHP as a
> subproject of Logging Services if and when it graduates from the
> incubator.
>
> Let me start with a +1

Voting was open for 5 days.  3 +1's from PMC members (Curt Arnold,
Scott Deboy, and Paul Smith).  No other votes or discussion.