Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by akaioi <Tr...@boeing.com> on 2008/03/06 21:37:17 UTC

Cannot retrieve WSDL over https

Hi

I have deployed an axis soap service to my tomcat server, and have run into
a strange phenomenon.

I am unable to retrieve the WSDL via
https://server/webapp/services/servicename?wsdl

This fails with an error like this:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching (server) found

However, the actual soap calls go through properly.

I'm not sure what this is all about; anyone run into it before?

NB:  If I turn of https I can get the wsdl properly.

Re: Cannot retrieve WSDL over https

Posted by Vassilis Virvilis <v....@biovista.com>.
On Thursday 06 March 2008, akaioi wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have deployed an axis soap service to my tomcat server, and have run into
> a strange phenomenon.
>
> I am unable to retrieve the WSDL via
> https://server/webapp/services/servicename?wsdl
>
> This fails with an error like this:
> java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching (server) found
>
> However, the actual soap calls go through properly.
>
> I'm not sure what this is all about; anyone run into it before?
>
> NB:  If I turn of https I can get the wsdl properly.

My guess is your server is not configured with a certificate.
Check apache/tomcat docs on how to install a certificate for your SSL
connections.

	.bill