Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Du, David (US SSA)" <da...@baesystems.com> on 2007/07/16 18:25:49 UTC

java2wsdl command does not work

I am new to CXF and trying to play with the CXF sample webservices, the
spring_http sample seems missing the wsdl file, so I tried to use
java2wsdl tool to generate the wsdl file for HelloWorld.java endpoint
interface, so I went to the src directory since the full package is
under src as: demo/spring/HelloWorld.java, the command looks like this:

C:\apache-cxf-2.0-incubator\samples\spring_http\src>java2wsdl
demo.spring.HellowWorld

Error : Fail to load class : demo.spring.HellowWorld

C:\apache-cxf-2.0-incubator\samples\spring_http\src>java2wsdl -o
hello.wsdl demo.spring.HellowWorld

Error : Fail to load class : demo.spring.HellowWorld

I tried the command: java2wsdl -?, which shows a sample command:
java2wsdl org.apache.hello_world_soap_http.Greeter, it also gave me the
same error.

Anybody has an idea what should I do?

Thanks

David

RE: java2wsdl command does not work

Posted by "Du, David (US SSA)" <da...@baesystems.com>.
Hi, Dan,
Thanks for your response, because of your advice, finally I got this
thing working, I misspelled HelloWorld as HellowWorld.

Thanks again

David

Most likely, it cannot find that class on the classpath.   For java2wsdl

to work, the class needs to be compiled and available on the classpath.

You can also run the tool with the -verbose option.   That may produce a

better error.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp