Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Andrew J. Leer" <le...@hotmail.com> on 2009/04/29 16:53:57 UTC

Testing Thread Safety of a PHP web-app with JMeter

I'm rather new to working with multiple threads in a database (most of
my career has been spent on the frontend).

But today I tried testing out a simple app I wrote to store values in
a database using php/mysql and ISAM tables with locking.

I just wrote a blog post on the procedure here:

http://leeand00.tiddlyspot.com/#[[Testing%20With%20JMeter]]

>From my results my simple php app appears to be thread-safe, but being
new at this I'm not entirely certain...so could someone please look
the blog post/code over and tell me if I am correct in my assumptions?

P.S. Yes, I know about escaping my SQL statements in PHP, I just
haven't done it yet...

Thank you,
  Andrew J. Leer