Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alvaro Nunes Melo <al...@atua.com.br> on 2005/09/22 18:55:01 UTC

Different modules in the same wokr dir

Hi,

I'm currently a cvs user, but I'm stuck with an issue and maybe SVN can
do what I need. The point is, I have a web-based system and all of its
files reside in the same directory. I'm gonna have to brake this system
in a general part and several client-specific parts. My idea was to
create one cvs module for the general part and one for each
client-specific part. But then I'd have to work with subdirectories,
becuase cvs cant handle multiple modules in the same dir.

The question is. Can SVN handle different modules in the same dir?

Thanks in advance,
Alvaro

Re: Different modules in the same wokr dir

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Sep 22, 2005, at 20:55, Alvaro Nunes Melo wrote:

> I'm currently a cvs user, but I'm stuck with an issue and maybe SVN
> can do what I need. The point is, I have a web-based system and all
> of its files reside in the same directory. I'm gonna have to brake
> this system in a general part and several client-specific parts. My
> idea was to create one cvs module for the general part and one for
> each client-specific part. But then I'd have to work with
> subdirectories, becuase cvs cant handle multiple modules in the
> same dir.
>
> The question is. Can SVN handle different modules in the same dir?

As was said, the Subversion equivalent to CVS's modules is probably
svn:externals. But no, you can't mix multiple externals' files into a
single directory, currently.