Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Egil Rian <eg...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/16 03:19:40 UTC

IllegalStateException: Session already invalidated

I get the following error sometimes when I have let the tomcat running for a
while, but have had little or no activity in the sessions. When I call
session.getAttribute("attributeName"), I get the error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: getAttribute: Session already invalidated
	at
org.apache.tomcat.session.StandardSession.getAttribute(StandardSession.java:503)
	at login.SessionController.addSessionManager(SessionController.java:80)
	at login.SystemManager.login(SystemManager.java:173)

My question is: why does this happen? Is there a setting in web.xml or
server.xml or elsewhere that I can change so that sessions do not time out /
are not invalidated?

Operating system: Windows 2000
Java version: Java 1.2 with Java Servlet 2.2 and JSP 1.1
Web server: Apache 1_3_22
Servlet engine: Tomcat 3.2.3

Thanks,

Egil Rian