Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sibusiso xolo <si...@b-vol.co.uk> on 2002/08/05 00:33:38 UTC

help with linking tomcat3 and apache2

Greetings,

I am new to this list.

I am using linux, redhat linux 7.3. with tomcat 4.04 and apache 2.0.39.  i
have  been able to link  I managed to  link them hen using mod_jk.so by
editing the server.xml file  and inserting a
<ListenerclassName .....> directive..  I managed to get  tomcat to
auto-generate the mod_jk.conf file in
~/tomcat/conf/auto and for the apache2/httpd.conf  to  include this.
I can get apache to serve static html from the apache document root, but I
cannot get tomcat to serve anything.  Basically  in the httpd.conf file  the
line

 AddModule mod_jk.c

is regected and apache works only if the If this line is commented out .
I have seen this line in al the  config files I have read  and these have all
been for tomca 3 or tomcat4 apache1.3.  (Also,  there is a mod_jk.c file in
the /tomcatconnectore/src/.jk/natives directory) .I am unsure the latter is
the file refered to by the AddModule directive  and in general  some  help
would be appreciated.

sincerely
Sibu