Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bosko Vukojevic <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/07 20:24:33 UTC

invalid paths - how are they handled

Two of our existing apps are built with different Struts versions:
    1.1 and 1.0

I am not able to find information on how Struts framework handles invalid paths or where to tweak the existing capability.

If this is a valid path:
    /en/ca/home.do
what is going to be returned to the user in this case:
    www.ourApplication.com/app/en/ca/homeFFFFF.do

Some kind of existing HTTP error (404 or similar) or something else?

thanks ...

Re: invalid paths - how are they handled

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Bosko Vukojevic wrote:
> Two of our existing apps are built with different Struts versions:
>     1.1 and 1.0
>
> I am not able to find information on how Struts framework handles invalid paths or where to tweak the existing capability.
>
> If this is a valid path:
>     /en/ca/home.do
> what is going to be returned to the user in this case:
>     www.ourApplication.com/app/en/ca/homeFFFFF.do
>
> Some kind of existing HTTP error (404 or similar) or something else?

If you don't have an action mapping that matches /en/ca/homeFFFFF.do
(either explicitly or using wildcards) then Struts will do the same
thing the Container would for an invalid URL not mapped to Struts:
return a 404 error.

I'm not sure where (or if) that's documented, but it's trivial to test
and see for yourself.

L.