Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Chirthani, Deepak Reddy" <C-...@charter.com> on 2022/03/04 20:33:50 UTC

RE: Nifi 1.14.0 not launching after copying nifi-splunk-nar-1.15.3.nar

Hey Matt,

So we were able to delete GetSplunk 1.14.0 nar file and were able to launch Nifi 1.14.0 with GetSplunk 1.15.3 nar uploaded in the lib folder successfully. Even though this is not ideal way but it was working in nifi 1.14.0 as required.

However, when we did the same for the Nifi version 1.12.1, even though successfully launched after restart, GetSplunk 1.15.3 is throwing out an error and we are unable to retrieve anything. Below is the error,

GetSplunk[id=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx] GetSplunk[id=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx] failed to process session due to org.apache.nifi.processor.ProcessSession.getState(Lorg/apache/nifi/components/state/Scope;)Lorg/apache/nifi/components/state/StateMap;; Processor Administratively Yielded for 1 sec: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.nifi.processor.ProcessSession.getState(Lorg/apache/nifi/components/state/Scope;)Lorg/apache/nifi/components/state/StateMap;

Obviously, as you mentioned GetSplunk 1.15.3 is not compatible with Nifi version 1.12.1. What we need is an enhancement to GetSplunk 1.12.1 with the following properties:

1) Connection Timeout
2) Read Timeout

We are currently running our Nifi version 1.12.1 and facing hung threads issue<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-9093?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17438829#comment-17438829> and we are not ready for 1.15.3 nifi upgrade. It would be great if we can get backporting of the patch on 1.12.1 GetSplunk processor.

Regards

[image005]
Deepak Reddy | Data Engineer
​IT Centers of Excellence
13736 Riverport Dr., Maryland Heights, MO 63043