Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/11/27 01:36:51 UTC

Questions about CXF WS-RM sample

Hello,

I've been going through CXF's Reliable Messaging sample[1] and had a
couple of questions about it.

The WS_RM sample involves a client[2] that sends four messages to the
service[3].  The client has a MessageLossSimulator[4] interceptor that
intentionally causes the 2nd and 4th messages to be discarded.  Later,
the client resends the two missing messages.

Here's my questions:

1.)  How does the service know that there exist messages #2 and #4 that
are missing (so it would request them)?  Or, is it the client that
detects that the server never got the two messages and hence resends
them?

2.)  The MessageLossSimulator discards every other message.  Why doesn't
discard one or the two resended messages?

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://tinyurl.com/2pcler
[2] http://tinyurl.com/3ymxml
[3] http://tinyurl.com/2wtluj
[4] http://tinyurl.com/2ks3mq

Re: Questions about CXF WS-RM sample

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

IIRC, for ws-rm, the client will wait the ack message  sent back from
server in some certain time, so if client doesn't get the ack message,
client assume the message sent out is lost, so do the resend, and the
same thing happened on the resend message.
Best Regards

Freeman