Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Vinay Konanki <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/21 22:27:24 UTC

[POI- HSSF] Alignment issue in sizing the Cell automatically

Hi all,

I'm new to this group. I'm trying to generate MS Excel from my java code.
I'ts working great, but i have some alignment issue like the width of the
cell is not enough to fit the text.

i.e the cell width is not good enough to view the text that is displaying.
I need to set the width size automatic (i.e something like AutoFit option)
i.e the cell width should be set to max length of text value in that column.

I walked through api of HSSF (poi) but i dont find any method to set the
autoSize of the Column
i have latest jar of poi-bin-3.0-alpha3-20061212 (12-Dec-2006)

I have seen in couple of places that new method called "autoSizeColumn()"
was added, but i don't see even in alpha build, is there any other build
lately,

Please provide me the link to download the latest jar of POI.

Any Suggestions will be appreciated .

Looking for any kind of help, i was in little bit urgency.

Thanks,
Vinay

Re: Re[2]: [POI- HSSF] Alignment issue in sizing the Cell automatically

Posted by Vinay Konanki <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Yegor,

Ya its possible to insert after doing alignments for all columns, Its looks
better now.

-Vinay

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.

Re: [POI- HSSF] Alignment issue in sizing the Cell automatically

Posted by Vinay Konanki <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Yegor,

Its working great, but getting another alignment issue with this,
i used logo (image) in the excel sheet. with the auto sizing the image also
expanding and contracting according to that column data.

Can i keep the image irrespective of the column size?
Here is the code that i used to insert the image..

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Hi,