Posted to user@spark.apache.org by mike <mi...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/29 18:31:06 UTC

streamingContext.stop(true,true) doesn't end the job

Hi all,

I have a streaming job which reads messages from kafka via directStream,
transforms it and writes it out to Cassandra.
Also I use a large broadcast variable (~300MB)

I tried to implement a stopping mechanism for this job , something like this
:

When I test it in local mode, the job doesn't finish.
All I see in the log is this :

Can someone point me , to what I'm doing wrong ?
Thanks,
Mike