Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/03/21 23:49:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC1

Hi everyone,
This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC1. Thanks
for the feedback on the previous RC. This is the next major release of
Phoenix compatible with the 0.98 branch of Apache HBase (0.98.1+) and will
be our third release in the incubator. The release includes both a
source-only release and a convenience binary release.

The 4.0.0 release has feature parity with our pending 3.0.0 release. New
features include:
- Equi-joins through broadcast hash join
- Shared tables over same physical HBase table
- Read-only and updatable views
- Multi-tenancy
- JDBC ARRAY type
- Sequence creation and usage

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/phoenix-4.0.0-incubating-rc1/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/phoenix-4.0.0-incubating-rc1/bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mujtaba.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/KEYS

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.0.0-incubating-rc1

For information about the contents of this release see:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/v4.0.0-incubating-rc1

Release notes
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326145&styleName=Text&projectId=12315120&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED%7C34a706e780c7e8f198c9ca903e80572b560599b6%7Clin

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
James

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC1

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release (non-binding, and on the assumption that the release
will be cancelled if something happens to the 0.98.1 HBase release)

* Verified the checksums and signatures on both the binary and source releases
* Ran rat successfully on the source distribution
* Checked the LICENSE, NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER files
* Ran full test suite successfully, for both hadoop-1 and hadoop-2 profiles

As with the 3.0.0 vote, one minor nit on the NOTICE file: the URL
listed for SQLLine is
actually the JLine URL (seems to be a copy/paste error)

- Gabriel

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Please follow the build.txt instructions that are in the distribution. You
need to build HBase 0.98.1 yourself because it's not released yet.
Thanks,
James

Posted by Kleiton Silva <kl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 21, 2014, at 03:49 PM, James Taylor wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC1.

+1

The HBase situation is a bit awkward, but not much that can be done
about it.

Keep up the good work!

Steven.

RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC1

Posted by "Vasudevan, Ramkrishna S" <ra...@intel.com>.
Verified the signature
-Downloaded the srcs
-Ran test cases.  All passes.
Looks good.
+1 from me.

Regards
Ram

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Checked signature and sums - ok
Checked tarball structure - ok
Checked the contents of boilerplate files (CHANGES, LICENSE, NOTICE,
DISCLAIMER) - ok
(Installed HBase 0.98.1-hadoop1 and 0.98.1-hadoop2 artifacts into local
Maven cache)
Built artifacts from source using Hadoop profiles 1 and 2 - ok
Executed RAT - ok
Ran the unit test suite using Hadoop profiles 1 and 2 - ok
Executed mvn failsafe:integration-test (Hadoop 2 profile only) - ok

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC1

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Built from source
Ran full test suite