Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 14:45:56 UTC

Re: [Axis2] SOAP over SIP

Samir

I'm back :)

I think before we write any code I'd like to understand what use cases
you have in mind. Having done some research, I see that the SOAP/SIP
discussion is all about 3 years old, and there are no other
implementations. So the question I want to ask is - what about XMPP
instead? It seems to me that XMPP/Jabber has many of the same benefits
and there is a lot more work already done on SOAP/XMPP.

However, if there are good use cases, etc for SOAP/SIP that aren't
covered by XMPP then I will certainly be willing to work on it.

Best,
Paul

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair