Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Steve Reed <st...@ons.gsi.gov.uk> on 2010/10/28 09:49:04 UTC

[UNCLASSIFIED] - Re: Please Help -- deploy roller 4.1 to Oracle weblogic 11g (10.3.2)

Hi Dave,

Amend classpath in startweblogic.cmd  (I am on windows 2000 and 20003
running WL  in command window not a service for now)

domain called roller only running default admin server in production mode.

roller-custom.properties is in  D:\oracle\roller\apache-roller-4.0.1
\webapp\roller\lib

add to the class file as below also need commons logging on the classpath

D:\oracle\MW10.3.2\user_projects\domains\roller\bin\startweblogic.cmd

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;D:\oracle\roller\apache-roller-4.0.1
\webapp\roller\lib
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;D:\oracle\roller\apache-roller-4.0.1
\webapp\roller\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
echo CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%

deployed from  D:\oracle\roller\apache-roller-4.0.1\webapp\ as a dir cannot
get ear to work.

Good luck

Steve.

|         |           snoopdave@gmail.c|
|         |           om               |
|         |           27/10/2010 01:03 |
|         |           user             |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       user@roller.apache.org                                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: Please Help -- deploy roller 4.1 to Oracle weblogic 11g (10.3.2)                                      |
  |                                                                                                                           |
  |                                                                                                                           |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Steve,

There is no step-by-step guide specifically for Weblogic. You should
be able to follow the steps in the installation guide, for the most
part.

I just downloaded Weblogic to try it out with Roller and maybe we can
help each other along. How did you tell Weblogic where to find the
roller-custom.properties file?

Thanks,
Dave

database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@tn3:1521/jtu10g.cord1.statistics.gov.uk

> database.jdbc.username=xxxx
> database.jdbc.password=xxxx
> mail.configurationType=properties
> mail.hostName=xxxxx
> mail.username=xxxx
> mail.password=xxxx
> log4j.appender.roller.File=D:\\oracle\\roller\\apache-roller-4.0.1
> \\webapp\\roller\\data\\logs\\roller.log
> uploads.dir=D:\\oracle\\roller\\apache-roller-4.0.1
> \\webapp\\roller\\data\\uploads
> themes.dir=D:\\oracle\\roller\\apache-roller-4.0.1
> \\webapp\\roller\\data\\themes
> search.index.dir=D:\\oracle\\roller\\apache-roller-4.0.1
> \\webapp\\roller\\data\\search-index
>

> get this error on delployment from the roller  directory (ie not using
> war/jar/ear files)
>
> a conflict I think between jpa supplied with roller and jpa with WLS
>
> have also  tried weblogic.Server -DserverType="wlx" on the startup
options
> (a thin WLS server with no ejb jms ect) still fails
>
> have also  tried removing D:\oracle\roller\apache-roller-4.0.1
> \webapp\roller\WEB-INF\lib\openjpa-0.9.7-incubating.jar  roller deploys
but
> gets error not bootstrapped because no comm. with db I think.
>
> I have created the roller schema/tables manually but no updates th them
are
> evident
>

> the error in roller log
>

> java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of
> weblogic/utils/classloaders/ChangeAwareClassLoader) previously initiated
> "org/apache/openjpa/conf/OpenJPAConfiguration"
>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
>      at
> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
>      at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.defineClass(GenericClassLoader.java:344)

>      at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:301)

Statistics at http://www.ons.gov.uk

> Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely
monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic
communications

> Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by the sender of this message
are not necessarily those of the Office for National Statistics

> The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government
Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide
in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On
leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.