Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Shannon Quinn <sq...@gatech.edu> on 2010/07/22 21:21:02 UTC

mahout.common.Pair writable?

Hi all,

Quick question: I'd like to make use of the Pair object in a map/reduce
task, but I see it only implements the Serializable interface, not the
Writable interface. Would it be terribly forward if I offered to make that
modification?

Thanks!

Shannon

Re: mahout.common.Pair writable?

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
IntPairWritable might be helpful in this vein as well, it implements
BinaryComparable which means it doesn't have to be transformed from a
byte[] back to a int,int to be sorted which ends up saving a
significant amount of time in the shuffle.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shannon Quinn <sq...@gatech.edu>.
Ah, that is an excellent point - it is core. I suppose the route I took,
then - simply writing an IntDoubleWritable class - is probably the best
option, as I'm unsure how to make a generic class implement Writable.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.