Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anshuman Mishra <An...@indiatimes.co.in> on 2010/04/22 12:44:00 UTC

Nested entity returns just one resultset, how to configure!!!

Hi Folks

I have a few tables like tbl_keywords(idTbl_keywords,idTbl_Parent_Content_Container, keyword_value), tbl_parent_content_container(idTbl_Parent_Content_Container,content_title) and tbl_content(idtbl_content, IdParent_Content_Container, content_synopsis ).

On the basis of search string, I perform a search on keyword_value and try to get corresponding values from other two tables i.e. content_title and content_synopsis.
However tbl_keywords has 'one to many' relationship with tbl_content. My data-config.xml looks something like below:

<entity name="tbl_keywords"
            query="select idTbl_keywords,idMaster_DCMES_Elements,DCMES_Element_Parent_Name,Keyword_Value,idTbl_Parent_Content_Container,Tbl_Parent_Content_Container_Content_Title from tbl_keywords">
            <field column="idTbl_keywords" name="id" />
            <field column="idMaster_DCMES_Elements" name="idMaster_DCMES_Elements" />
            <field column="DCMES_Element_Parent_Name" name="DCMES_Element_Parent_Name" />
            <field column="Keyword_Value" name="Keyword_Value" />
            <field column="idTbl_Parent_Content_Container" name="idTbl_Parent_Content_Container" />
            <field column="Tbl_Parent_Content_Container_Content_Title" name="Tbl_Parent_Content_Container_Content_Title" />
            <entity name="tbl_parent_content_container"
query ="select idTbl_Parent_Content_Container,Content_Title from tbl_parent_content_container WHERE idTbl_Parent_Content_Container IN (${tbl_keywords.idTbl_Parent_Content_Container})">
                                    <field column="idTbl_Parent_Content_Container" name="idTbl_Parent_Content_Container" />
                                    <field column="Content_Title" name="Content_Title" />
            </entity>
            <entity name="tbl_contents"
query ="select idTbl_Content,Content_synopsis from tbl_contents WHERE IdParent_Content_Container=${tbl_keywords.idTbl_Parent_Content_Container}">
                                    <field column="idTbl_Content" name="idTbl_Content" />
                                    <field column="Content_synopsis" name="Content_synopsis"/>
            </entity>
</entity>

However when I perform a search on any of the string through admin screen I just get first matching record from tbl_content and nothing else. I want all the matching records to be displayed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Anshuman
Get every market update!
Log on to m.economictimes.com from your mobile.

DISCLAIMER AND PRIVILEGE NOTICE: This  e-mail  message  contains
confidential,  copyright,  proprietary  and legally   privileged
information.It  should  not be used  by  anyone  who is  not the
original  intended recipient. If you  have  erroneously received
this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender.
The recipient must note and understand  that any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding
nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender
does so  expressly with due authority  of  BCCL subsidiaries and
associated companies, Collectively Times Group.

Re: Nested entity returns just one resultset, how to configure!!!

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
>From Hossmans apache page:

 Please Use "java-user@lucene" Not "java-dev@lucene"

not the java-dev@lucene list.  java-dev is for discussing development of
the internals of the Lucene Java library ... it is *not* the appropriate
place to ask questions about how to use the Lucene Java library when
developing your own applications.  Please resend your message to
the java-user mailing list, where you are likely to get more/better

Posted by Pradeep Pujari <Pr...@rocketmail.com>.
did you add multivalued=true in schema.xml ?

Pradeep