Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Casey West <ca...@geeknest.com> on 2004/09/01 21:03:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache-Session v1.70_01 Developer Release

Coming to a CPAN mirror near you. Please download it and test.. the
test. Thanks!

1.70_01    2004-09-01

  - Casey West takes the pumpkin.
  - Complete rewrite of test suite to use Test::* modules.
  - Minor documentation tweaks.

  Casey West

--
I'd wipe the machines off the face of the earth again, and end the
industrial epoch absolutely, like a black mistake.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache-Session v1.70_01 Developer Release

Posted by Tielman de Villiers <tv...@lastminute.com>.
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:03:16 -0400, Casey West wrote:

> Coming to a CPAN mirror near you. Please download it and test.. the
> test. Thanks!
>
> 1.70_01    2004-09-01

This is an Informix specific error (recently added to Apache-Session):

I get this error in my apache log file:

DBD::Informix::st fetchrow_arrayref failed: SQL: -1820: Host variable
type has been changed between fetches or puts.
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/Session/Store/Informix.pm line
78.

When I open a new browser, a new session is created correctly in the
sessions table. Then I refresh the page, and the cookie displays the
session id correctly. When I refresh the page the third time (and trying
to write additional data to the session), the error occurs.

The above can also be recreated by deleting the relevant row from the
sessions table (as opposed to opening a new browser; pretty much the same
 thing).

A bit more history: When I created the sessions table, I made the
"a_session" column (incorrectly) a text type. After a_session was
changed to be "lvarchar", this error started occurring.

The machine is a blade running redhat 7.3 with a 2.4 SMP kernel, the
server is Apache 1.3.31, the mod_perl version 1.29, the Informix CSDK
version is 2.81.UC1.

Thank you

--
Tielman de Villiers <tv...@lastminute.com>