Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Bogdan Solomon <bs...@ncct.uottawa.ca> on 2007/08/20 20:22:58 UTC

Strange logging behaviour in WebSphere 6.1

I have two Muse applications (EARs containing WARs) deployed under WebSphere
6.1. The class loading is set as application first, and single class loader
for each application. I have set up in both of the muse.xml files the
logging to INFO however both the muse.log files look the same, they both
write the information from both resources initialization, shutdown, etc.

I am unsure if this is the expected behaviour, or if this is a bug under
WebSphere 6.1. There might be issues with the way WebSphere's common logging
infrastructure works.

Another issue that seems related to this, is that if one resource is set to
INFO and one to OFF it will either dump the info log for both or log nothing
at all, depending on the order the two resources are loaded.