Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Edward Nesterov <ed...@quadrix.com> on 2002/05/08 19:33:25 UTC

Problem with resource freeing.

Hi,
I am working with latest release of Xindice on Linux RH6.2/JDK1.3.1_03.

The following problem constantly occurs:
	-Closing of Collection does not free resources (socket connections are
established, thread(process) is alive(running)) though isOpen() returns
false.
	-Resources became freed only on client application exit, which makes
impossible to use Xindice together with servlet engines, or other kind
of application servers.

I observed the same behavior on W2K/JDK1.3.1.
Is it bug or feature?
Are there any places to change the behavior of Xindice?

Thanks.

Ed.