Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dvora <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/01 09:47:55 UTC

Re: Packaging issues

Reminder - I'm new to JSF :-)

How can I check if the validation phase failes and the cause for the
failure?

Re: Packaging issues

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
If you don't see the APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES phase, you're not issuing a
postback. It looks like there is something wrong with your link,
although I don't see a problem there.
If there is a validation error, you would see APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES in
your console, and possibly even PROCESS_VALIDATIONS.
The behavior you're describing is that of a GET request. For some
reason the JSF runtime doesn't see your request as a postback.

What version of JSF are you using? Is JavaScript turned on in your browser?

/JK

Re: Packaging issues

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
Put a messages tag in your page to see if any messages are displayed.
Show us your faces-config.xml and web.xml files. Try starting with a
simpler .jsf file that just has inputText tags and a commandButton tag.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone