Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Thibault VERBEQUE <th...@omnilog.fr> on 2020/02/10 16:44:34 UTC

Question about IMPORT/EXPORT

Hi all,

I'm currently working on two kerberized clusters and want replicate some tables between them, with hive 3.0.1.
I have created two users for this, one for EXPORT operation and one for IMPORT operation.
But I stepped on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-17606. It seems to me that hiveserver2 is making metastore api calls with UGI of the user (doAs=True), I'm I right?
Other remark, looking at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveReplicationv2Development#HiveReplicationv2Development-MetastorenotificationAPIsecurity, why choosing a proxy user from HDFS to perform this authorization check and not set a "hive.cluster.administrator" or something like this ? This doesn't make sense to allow an replication user to be allowed to impersonate other users.

Regards,

Thibault VERBEQUE.