Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Tamlyn Rhodes <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/26 19:06:29 UTC

Default serverBase in gadgets.js

The serverBase_ variable is set to a default value of "../../" (line 429
of javascript/container/gadgets.js). Wouldn't it make more sense to
default to "/gadgets/" like it does elsewhere (e.g. php/gadgets/config.php)?

In the meantime, I understand I can use the setServerBase() method on
each gadget I create but is there a way to set it once for the container?

Cheers,

   T.

Re: Default serverBase in gadgets.js

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Tamlyn Rhodes <ta...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The serverBase_ variable is set to a default value of "../../" (line 429
> of javascript/container/gadgets.js). Wouldn't it make more sense to
> default to "/gadgets/" like it does elsewhere (e.g.
> php/gadgets/config.php)?

No -- ../../ is always correct, even if your context path is not /gadgets/
for some reason. If it were configurable this wouldn't be an issue, but the
main purpose of this code is to quickly demonstrate the value.

--
~Kevin