Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/17 15:53:07 UTC

passwords

hi folks  this week i found myself in want of many passwords :)

1) twitter password, lost it.. wanted to tweet about using
bigpetstore-transaction-queue in kubernetes.

2) maven publishing password : wanted to publish the bps jars to apache
repos.

3) dockerhub password : to push docker images upstream for use in (1).

Thats just 2 examples, but  thera rea many other places where passwords
abound (for example, jenkins, aws, ...).

can we centralize the password info for bigtop somewhere.  how do other
apache projects manage passwords ?

--
jay vyas

Re: passwords

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
moved here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1762

--
jay vyas

Re: passwords

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
okay we'll resolve this stuff at apache con.

lets have some goals of resolving a way that all of us can push stuff to
maven and so on after apache con.

--
jay vyas

Re: passwords

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: passwords

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
> Let's make sure that committers GPG public keys are available. Ideally, it'd
> be great to have a virtual key-signing party, as we apparently can not all get
> together in the same place at the same time.

Is there any chance we can do it at least with a semblance of an in-person
meeting? I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to things like this.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: passwords

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: passwords

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Great Idea !

--
jay vyas

Re: passwords

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: passwords

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:53 AM, jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) dockerhub password : to push docker images upstream for use in (1).

That's a good point. I've never shared that. As a matter of fact, I am
now curious
whether it would be possible to have a 'joint' account over on
dockerhub. I'll check.

Thanks,
Roman.