Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2004/08/01 17:21:53 UTC

Libajp -- some naming considerations.

Hi,

Cause the API still in the stage of developement I'd like to make some
renaiming, cause we'll be stuck into for a while.

1. ajp_msg_get/peek_byte => ajp_msg_get/peek_uint8
to be consistent with other data type, or change the ajp_msg_append from
uint8 to byte.

2. ajp_parse_type => ajp_msg_get_type
Makes more sense, thought.

3. ajp_parse_headers => ajp_parse_header
think that we receive only on header message per request.

Any objections?
MT.

Re: Libajp -- some naming considerations.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Cause the API still in the stage of developement I'd like to make some
> renaiming, cause we'll be stuck into for a while.
>
> 1. ajp_msg_get/peek_byte => ajp_msg_get/peek_uint8
> to be consistent with other data type, or change the ajp_msg_append from
> uint8 to byte.

+1

> 2. ajp_parse_type => ajp_msg_get_type
> Makes more sense, thought.

No, ajp_msg_parse_type is better because we don't "read" the message but only
peeek its type.

> 3. ajp_parse_headers => ajp_parse_header
> think that we receive only on header message per request.

+0 : I am quite bad in naming routines!
ajp_get_header would be better IMHO ;-)