Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> on 2007/02/05 18:49:21 UTC

UI Refactoring progress

My requests for help with the new maincss.css file
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-666) on the dev and user mailing
lists have gone unanswered, so the UI Refactoring effort has come to a
screeching halt. Jacques was able to test the new maincss.css file on one more
browser - Opera - while evaluating the experimental_3.patch file
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-633).

In the meantime...

Instead of creating a new umbrella Jira issue for this effort, I decided to use
an existing issue that was already in that role -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-241. I linked OFBIZ-241 to some of
the "free floating" UI issues.

Here are the tasks I would like to accomplish before the developers conference
in March:

1. Get OFBIZ-666 committed to the project.
2. Submit a newer version of maincss.css to Jira - which can be used for the
rest of this effort.
3. Post some refactoring guidelines and tips on OFBIZ-241.

March is less than a month away. If the UI Refactoring effort is addressed at
the developers conference, then it would be nice to have this groundwork
completed beforehand.

-Adrian

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Thanks Christian!

Yeah, the font sizes will change slightly. That's because the new css file
converts the mixed pt and px sizes into ems. If you change your browser's
default font size, the UI should scale properly.

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Chris Howe wrote:
> I have been intending to take a good look at your many improvements on
> the whole, but have been recovering from foot-in-mouth disease with
> regards to Asterisk PBX and Google Checkout integrations.  I think I'm
> on the tail end of what my company will need for the Google Checkout
> stuff so hopefully I'll be able to take that look at the UI refactoring
> more seriously this week.

That would be cool. I'm excited about the work you've done with PBX integration
- it is something we can use here. I'll take a closer look at your PBX work on
the other side of March.

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
--- Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> wrote:

> David E. Jones wrote:
> > Welcome to the dark side of the... (community-driven open source
> world).
> >
> > -David
>
> lol - thanks!
>
> I thoroughly understand that everyone is busy and I'm trying to be
> sensitive to
> that. And that sentence wasn't meant as a complaint btw. I was just
> stating that
> is where things are right now.

Hey Adrian,
I have been intending to take a good look at your many improvements on
the whole, but have been recovering from foot-in-mouth disease with
regards to Asterisk PBX and Google Checkout integrations.  I think I'm
on the tail end of what my company will need for the Google Checkout
stuff so hopefully I'll be able to take that look at the UI refactoring
more seriously this week.  However Jacques endorsement of Andrew's
Selenium stuff may delay that look slightly :-) .  Lots of good stuff
becoming available to OFBiz this year!!  Speaking of which, when are
those additional new committers going to be added?
Regards,
Chris

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Hehe. Haha. I also have problems trying to explain the pitfalls of open source WITHIN the context
of my drive to adopt it.

Jonathon

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Thanks Andrew! I'll take a look at that.

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
That gray gap is not the result of the new style sheet. The gray row is
intentional and it can be found in the EntityRefMain.ftl file, around line 120.

In this case, a Jira issue would be a good idea.

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>.
Thanks Adrian,

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Jonathon,

The OFBIZ-666 changes only affect maincss.css - the issue describes what it
does. The css file merge was accomplished a week or so ago.

Right now the holdup is testing on a Mac - I need someone with a Mac to try it out.

Thank you very much for your help!

Re: UI Refactoring progress

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Adrian,