Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Nicholas Marion <nm...@us.ibm.com> on 2021/05/04 13:35:12 UTC

RE: [VOTE] Release Spark 2.4.8 (RC3)

Hi,

Was it decided to fail RC3 in favor of RC4?

 Regards,

 NICHOLAS T. MARION
 AI and Analytics Development Lead | IzODA CPO

 Phone: 1-845-433-5010 | Tie-Line: 293-5010                                     IBM
 E-mail: nmarion@us.ibm.com
 Find me on: LinkedIn:                                                2455 South Rd
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasmarion         Poughkeepie, New York 12601-5400

                                                                      United States

From:	Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@spark.apache.org
Date:	04/30/2021 03:12 PM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 2.4.8 (RC3)

Hi all,

Thanks for actively voting. Unfortunately, we found a very ancient bug
(SPARK-35278), and the fix (
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/32404
 ) is
going to be merged soon. We may fail this RC3.

I will go to cut RC4 as soon as the fix is merged.

Thank you!

--
Sent from:
http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/

RE: [VOTE] Release Spark 2.4.8 (RC3)

Posted by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, RC3 fails due to an ancient bug found during this RC.
I will cut RC4 soon.

Thank you.

Nicholas Marion wrote