Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Porter, Mark" <Ma...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2005/11/21 15:19:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Cookie Filtering Proxy

2.0.55/Sol10

I have a web-based app on a mainframe that's having problems when the
request headers exceed a particular length. In this case, it's a giant
SiteMinder session cookie that's pushing everything over the edge. The
mainframe doesn't use SM, but it is in the same domain as some other
sites that do, so the cookie is being passed with the request. For a
number of political reasons, I can't move either site out of the current
domain.

I would like to set up an Apache server that uses a ProxyPass to the
mainframe, and to send the users to that server for the app. How can I
get Apache to filter the cookie out of the request headers?

Mark