Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Yogender Singh01 <Yo...@infosys.com> on 2007/10/16 10:45:55 UTC

AXIX C++ :- Error starting Apache with Axis C++

Hi All,

I am using [axis-c-1.6b-Win32-trace-bin] and Apache [apache_2.2.6-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi].
For xerces I am using [xerces-c2_2_0-win32].

I have copied the xerces-c_2_2_0.dll to respective lib directories and added the path in PATH vairiable.
After doing this when I m starting the Apache server using below mentioned method I ma getting this error.

C:\Apache2.2\bin>httpd -k start
httpd: Syntax error on line 486 of C:/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/
Apache2.2/modules/mod_axis2.so into server: The specified module could not be found.

If anybody have encountered this error before please tell me how to resolve this

Now I have deployed everything as mentioned here:-
Setting up the build environment and building Axis

For Xerces Parser

1) Copy [Xerces_Folder]\lib\xerces-c_2.lib to [Checkout_Folder]\lib\xerces\ directory.

2) Copy [Xerces_Folder]\include\xercesc to [Checkout_Folder]\include\xerces\ directory.

For apache 2.X:

1) Copy the include files in "[Apache_Folder]\include" directory to "[Checkout_Folder]\include\apache2_0\"

2) Copy the following lib files libapr.lib, libhttpd.lib files from "[Apache_Folder]\lib" to "[Checkout_Folder]\lib\apache2_0".

Deploying Axis in Apache

1) Create a directory structure called "Axis" inside [Apache_Folder] as follows.
(Instead, you can copy the folder [Checkout_Folder]\deploy to [Apache_Folder] and rename it to "Axis" and you will find some of the files that you are asked to create in this guide, already existing in that folder)

Axis
|__ lib (Copy [Xerces_Folder]\bin\xerces-c_2_2_0.dll and paste it inside)
|__ logs (log files are located here)
|__ conf (server.wsdd file is located here)
|__ webservices (The place to put webservice dlls)
|__ wsdls (wsdl files of the deployed web services are located here)

2) Set an environment variable named AXISCPP_DEPLOY and give [Apache_Folder]\Axis as the value.

i) You will find AxisServer.dll and Apache_Module in [Checkout_Folder]\bin directory.
ii) Copy mod_axis2.dll to [Apache_Folder]\modules directory of your apache installation.

Copy AxisServer.dll, HTTPTransport.dll, HTTPChannel.dll and AxisXMLParser.dll to [AXISCPP_DEPLOY]\lib\ directory and add that directory to your PATH environment variable. Or to any location specified by your PATH environment variable.

3) Set the "PATH" environment variable to the following directories.
   [Apache_Folder]\Axis\lib

4) Include the following lines at the bottom of the apache configuration file [Apache_Folder]\conf\httpd.conf

LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis2.dll
<Location /axis>
SetHandler axis
</Location>

5) Create a file in [Apache_Folder]\Axis named "axiscpp.conf" which should contain the following lines.

LogPath:XXXX
WSDDFilePath:YYYY
XMLParser:ZZZZ
Transport_http:AAAA
Channel_HTTP:BBBB

XXXX is the path to a file named AxisLog (The log file) and YYYY is the path to the server.wsdd file.ZZZZ is the path to AxisTransport.dll if it's a HTTP(if the selected transport is SMTP then should give that path.)WWWW is the path to AxisXMLParser.dll. AAAA is the path to the used Transport and BBBB is the path to the Channel used

i.e.
LogPath:[Apache_Folder]\Axis\logs\AxisLog.log
WSDDFilePath:[Apache_Folder]\Axis\conf\server.wsdd
Transport_http:[Apache_Folder]\Axis\lib\HTTPTransport.dll
Channel_HTTP:[Apache_Folder]\Axis\lib\HTTPChannel.dll

XMLParser:[Apache_Folder]\Axis\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll

Note: If the HTTPTransport.dll, HTTPChannel.dll and AxisXMLParser.dll paths are not given in axiscpp.conf then the hard coded values will be used. For that set the path of these two in the PATH environment variable or copy them to the same location as the Client.exe.

Note:Make sure that xerces-c_2_2_0.dll ([Xerces_Folder]\bin) is pasted in %AXISCPP_DEPLOY%/lib/

6) Select start->programs->Apache HTTP server->Control Apache Server->stop to stop the apache server
(This is because apache will be started automatically by the installation program)

Open up a DOS terminal and give the command "apache -k start" to start apache (If Apache 2.0 server does not respond when started this way, try "apache -X").
Open a browser and verify whether you can browse http://localhost/ (or give the machines ip as http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/). If apache is running you will see the Apache start page in the browser.