Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Paolo Mottadelli <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/19 08:26:03 UTC

Content Technology Track at ApacheCon North America 2010?

Hi,
I'm not sure that cross posting this message is the right way for
this; please eventually pick me up on any better way.

planners@ are requesting a first draft proposal from PMC's for
presenting their projects at ApacheCon North America, Atlanta 1st-5th
November.
Unfortunately this is required in a very short time frame (21st March)

Both in the POI and Chemistry communities, there has been an idea of
joining a more generic track at ApacheCon, such as a "Content Related"
projects one, the same we did last year.
In the Chemistry case, there would also be other options such as "New
technologies" or "Web Services".

Since last year Jackrabbit and Sling were the initial promoters of
such an initiative, I was wondering whether there has been any
discussion around this again.
(I didn't see anything related to this on public ML's)

Cheers,

--
Paolo Mottadelli
http://twitter.com/paolomoz

Re: Content Technology Track at ApacheCon North America 2010?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Paolo Mottadelli wrote:
> Since last year Jackrabbit and Sling were the initial promoters of
> such an initiative, I was wondering whether there has been any
> discussion around this again.

Following discussions on community@apache.org (go subscribe if you're not
on there already!), I've now submitted a proposal to the planners for a
content track.

If the track does get approved, then I'll be in touch with all the content
related projects about the topics to be covered. Hopefully the planners
will give the track the nod, and we can have a similar set of talks to
last time :)

Nick

Re: Content Technology Track at ApacheCon North America 2010?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Paolo Mottadelli  wrote
> Hi,
> I'm not sure that cross posting this message is the right way for
> this; please eventually pick me up on any better way.
>
> planners@ are requesting a first draft proposal from PMC's for
> presenting their projects at ApacheCon North America, Atlanta 1st-5th
> November.
> Unfortunately this is required in a very short time frame (21st March)
>
> Both in the POI and Chemistry communities, there has been an idea of
> joining a more generic track at ApacheCon, such as a "Content Related"
> projects one, the same we did last year.
> In the Chemistry case, there would also be other options such as "New
> technologies" or "Web Services".
>
> Since last year Jackrabbit and Sling were the initial promoters of
> such an initiative, I was wondering whether there has been any
> discussion around this again.
> (I didn't see anything related to this on public ML's)

Hi,

I'm not aware of any discussions - but I think the Sling community is
definitly interested in repeating this!

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Content Technology Track at ApacheCon North America 2010?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Paolo Mottadelli  wrote

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.