Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Dustin N. Jenkins" <dj...@invoqsystems.com> on 2005/05/30 20:37:06 UTC

State, Hibernate, and Lazy Loading

Thanks for reading this.

A web application I'm working on is growing more and more complex.
We've turned off lazy loading in our Hiberate 3.0.3 persistence
mappings, which is hindering performance, so I'm trying to set them all
to on, or where appropriate.  We store the currently logged-in user in
our JavaScript page flow as we don't store state anywhere else, and I
refuse to use EJBs.  Spring 1.2 is our IOC container.

My problem is that a logged in user being store in the page flow can't
be lazy loaded.  Is there a better way of doing this or has anyone else
tackled this problem?  I've been checking the CHS, but I'd rather learn
it cleanly and apply it, rather than fitting another application into mine.

Many thanks,
Dustin

--
Dustin N. Jenkins