Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/12 20:27:16 UTC

Solr1.4 and snapinstalling/optimize script

Hey,
I noticed in recent SVN versions the example/solr/bin dir has been empty.
I understand the various snappulling scripts are basically deprecated since
replication is now handled in-process, however I was wondering what is the
state of the
optimize script, i.e how do I control optimization myself? is this also now
taken care of in-process?
or should i still grab the optimize script ( from src/scripts ) and crontab
it?

Related question: In the in-procfess replication there is only a
pollInterval parameter. However, In some cases
I might want to poll often ('snappull' often) but actually install a new
search ('snapinstall') less often.
It dosent look like its possible with current mechanism?

Thanks,
-Chak

Re: Solr1.4 and snapinstalling/optimize script

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I noticed in recent SVN versions the example/solr/bin dir has been empty.

FYI: example/solr/bin is empty, because thescripts aren't part of the
example anymore ... but the scripts themselves are still included in the
releases (src/scripts)

-Hoss

Re: Solr1.4 and snapinstalling/optimize script

Posted by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com>.
got it, thanks!
Is the whole updateHandler interface documented somewhere currently on the
wiki?
I think it will benefit all users to have this laid out nicely, I was
looking around for this and couldnt
easily find it in there.

-Chak

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Same works with optimize... /solr/update?optimize=true

	Erik

Posted by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hey Yonik,

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.