Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Furkan Kalkan <fu...@mantis.com.tr> on 2022/10/19 14:00:00 UTC

Issues in searching _root_ field and rare parent-child relation mess up in document index

Hi, we have a rare case of random mess up in parent-child document
relations after patching all parent documents (including its child fields)
in Solr 8.11.1. Also, we realize that _root_:"<solr_id>" query returning
documents with different solr ids.

schema.xml: https://apaste.info/XU9z
example patch: https://apaste.info/TgCh (We're patching all parent docs
like this synchronously)
example messed up record:  https://apaste.info/b9mf (Sorry, it's huge
because of extra child docs that shouldn't be related with parent doc.)

Interesting thing is some child fields like languageContext documents with
"publicationLanguage":"2" was related to accidentally created documents and
we deleted them a few months ago. Is there probability that Solr relates
randomly (possibly) orphan child docs to parent docs?

--
İyi Çalışmalar./Best Regards.

*_________________________________________________________________*
*Furkan Kalkan*
*Software Developer*

Web    : http://www.mantis.com.tr

Tel      : +90 (312) 2992505

Fax     :  +90 (312) 2992506

*Mantis Yazılım ve Danışmanlık*

ODTÜ Teknokent Bilişim ve İnovasyon Merkezi

Mustafa Kemal Mahallesi Dumlupınar Bulvarı 280/G Kat: 1 No: 13-14

Çankaya 06530 Ankara Türkiye

*_________________________________________________________________*

Bu ileti (elektronik posta ve ekleri), gönderici ve yetkili alici olan
gerçek ya da tüzel kisiye özeldir ve gizlidir. Eger iletinin yetkili
alicisi veya yetkili alicisina iletmekten sorumlu kisi degilseniz bu
iletiyi saklamaniz, kopyalamaniz, kullanmaniz veya iletmeniz kesinlikle
yasaktir, lütfen bu iletiyi sisteminizden tamamen siliniz ve göndereni bu
konuda uyariniz. Bu iletinin içerigininin açiklanmasi veya paylasimi
hukuken sorumluluk teskil edebilir. Mantis Ltd. Şti. bu iletinin dogrulugu,
bütünlügü, iletilmesi ve benzeri hususlar konusunda sorumlu tutulamaz.

This mail (electronic mail and its attachments) is private and confidential
to the sender and the authorized individual or entity recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient of this mail or the person who is responsible
for the transmission of it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that storing, copying, using or forwarding of any part of the
contents is strictly prohibited, please completely delete it from your
system and notify the sender. Any disclosure or sharing of this information
may lead to legal responsibility. Mantis shall have no liability with
regard to the accuracy and integrity of this mail and its transmission.

Re: Issues in searching _root_ field and rare parent-child relation mess up in document index

Posted by halis Yılboğa <ha...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately I've witnessed the same issue. I think something in lucene
core is corrupted.