Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2001/08/06 14:38:08 UTC

VOTE: xml namespaces

The last couple of weeks there was some discussion about how the various
methods should
handle names with a namespace.
Not only properties have a namespace but also privileges,
resourcetype,...

Therefor I would like to introduce a NSName (NameSpacedName)
an abstract class that contains a (namespace, name) pair.
PropertyName is then an extension of NSName
Privilege is also an extension of NSName with an additional parameter.

I would make a new class PropertyName and not use Property.

Comments ?   (does anybody has a better name for "NSName" )

Dirk

Re: xml namespaces

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> The last couple of weeks there was some discussion about how the various
> methods should
> handle names with a namespace.
> Not only properties have a namespace but also privileges,
> resourcetype,...
>
> Therefor I would like to introduce a NSName (NameSpacedName)
> an abstract class that contains a (namespace, name) pair.
> PropertyName is then an extension of NSName
> Privilege is also an extension of NSName with an additional parameter.
>
> I would make a new class PropertyName and not use Property.
>
> Comments ?   (does anybody has a better name for "NSName" )

Apparently there are a few places where this could be used, +1.

I don't like the class name either (but I can't find a better one) ;-)

Remy