Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Kristoffersen, Per" <Pe...@commerceone.com> on 2002/04/15 14:05:40 UTC

FOP printing using polish characters

Dear all guru's.

I hope someone can help me on this one :
I am trying to use FOP to print in pdf-format. When doing so my polish
characters prints as #'s.
I have been given the following statement, and I need to get it working...

<fo:block text-align="start">
	<xsl:choose>
		<xsl:when test="ItemDescription[. = ' ']">not
specified</xsl:when>
	<xsl:otherwise>
		<xsl:value-of select="BaseItemDetail/ItemDescription"/>
	</xsl:otherwise>
	</xsl:choose>
</fo:block>

My problem is when I have polish special characters in the above, it prints
in the pdf-file as #'s.

What can I do to change this ?

Thank you very much for any help.
Best regards and have a nice day where ever you are in the world.
Per Kristoffersen

RE : FOP printing using polish characters

Posted by Nicolas Mazziotta <Ni...@ulg.ac.be>.
I suggest you go there :
http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
special fonts need to be translated in .xml so that fop can use them.

N. Mazziotta

Posted by Michal Kwiatek <mi...@BiznesPartner.pl>.
FOP printing using polish charactersI had the same problem last week and
it's very easy as long as you have Polish TTF or PFM fonts. All you have to
do is make FOP use them and embed them in result PDF. Have a look at
http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html. It's all there. If you have TTFs, look
at the "Adding additional TrueType" section. It's real easy.

Nice to hear someone out in the world uses Polish national characters.

Michal Kwiatek

BiznesPartner.pl SA
ul. Mlynarska 48
01-171 Warszawa