Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org> on 2021/02/18 01:08:56 UTC

Weird mapped drive issue

Hello,
I’m facing a rather interesting use case regarding the mapped drive and downloading files from a remote (RDP) via the drive.

My connection config is in picture.

If I connect to the target, and I copy/paste a file in the Downloads folder of my Z drive, browser downloads the file.
If I take same file, rename it, drag to downloads folder of my Z drive, browser downloads the file (new name).
If I however do not rename the file, and drag the file in the Downloads folder, even if different size, I don’t get a download, and a windows error while copying the file to the Downloads folder saying that source (yes, the source) file can’t be found, although there’s nothing wrong with the source file. If I rename it again, and copy/paste to Downloads, it works well.

I’ve started both tomcat and guacd in debug mode, there’s no errors reported on any of the services.

Please help me understand what’s going on and if there’s any work around.

Regards,
Bogdan

Re: Weird mapped drive issue

Posted by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org>.
Hi David,
It’s much simpler than that.
All the copy actions happen on host to the mapped drive’s Downloads folder.
Here’s a quick recording of the behaviour: https://youtu.be/LGoG7uZFr68 <https://youtu.be/LGoG7uZFr68>

This is consistent on many windows flavours: 10 build 1909 or 2004, server 2019, server 2016.

Regards,
Bogdan