Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Kishore Donepudi <kd...@as-one.net> on 2003/08/26 16:40:12 UTC

Newbie Questions on WebDav & Slide.

Hi:

     I'm new to WebDav. I'd like to develop functionality of WebDav and
integrate into one of our applications which need the following
functionality.

1)      To navigate documents with in folders using WebDav

2)      To create and delete folders

3)      To lock, update, delete, move, and rename files.

I didn't have the full documentation on how to use slide from Jakarta Slide
Project. I've found some interesting documents on the net but I still don't
know exactly which way to follow.

-Is there any documentation for Slide API?

-Do I need to develop a new Servlet over the Slide API or Can I extend slide
WebDav Servlet.

- Does the slide WebDav Servlet good to get my job done.

Please pass any information you have.

Thank You,

Kishore Donepudi

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential, trade secret, or privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation
of law.  If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

RE: Problem with revisions not being written to the database (content store works correctly though)

Posted by Aruna Goli <ar...@covigna.com>.
Hello,

  Thanks and I did remove the memoryDescriptorStore. Here is my complete
Domain.xml

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot
Aruna

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<slide>

  <namespace name="slide">
        <definition>
              <store name="jdbc">
                <nodestore
classname="slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore">
                 <parameter
name="driver">weblogic.jdbc.mssqlserver4.Driver</parameter>
                 <parameter
name="url">jdbc:weblogic:mssqlserver4:localhost:1433;db=slide</parameter

                 <parameter name="user">sa</parameter>
                 <parameter name="password">sa</parameter>
                </nodestore>
                <securitystore>
                  <reference store="nodestore" />
                </securitystore>
                <lockstore>
                  <reference store="nodestore" />
                </lockstore>
                <revisiondescriptorsstore>
                  <reference store="nodestore" />
                </revisiondescriptorsstore>
                <revisiondescriptorstore>
                  <reference store="nodestore" />
                </revisiondescriptorstore>
                <contentstore
classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
		    <parameter name="rootpath">c:/Arufiles</parameter>
		    <parameter name="version">false</parameter>
		    <parameter
name="resetBeforeStarting">true</parameter>
		</contentstore>

              </store>
              <scope match="/" store="jdbc" />
        </definition>

    <configuration>
      <default-action>/actions</default-action>
      <userspath>/users</userspath>
      <filespath></filespath>
      <parameter name="dav">true</parameter>
      <parameter name="standalone">true</parameter>
    </configuration>

    <data>

      <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
uri="/">

        <permission action="/actions" subject="/users/root"/>

        <!-- /users represents the unauthenticated user -->

        <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
         uri="/users">

          <!-- /users/root represents the administrator -->

          <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"

           uri="/users/root">
          </objectnode>

          <!-- /users/guest represents an authenticated guest user -->

          <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"

           uri="/users/guest">
          </objectnode>

        </objectnode>

        <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.ActionNode"
         uri="/actions">
        </objectnode>

      </objectnode>

    </data>

  </namespace>

</slide>

Posted by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com>.

Re: Newbie Questions on WebDav & Slide.

Posted by Jeff Linwood <je...@greenninja.com>.
I'd also like to say that I recommend taking a look at the WebDAV servlet
that comes with Tomcat - it's much simpler than Slide.

Jeff