Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jim Winstead <ji...@trainedmonkey.com> on 2000/04/28 03:40:04 UTC

libapreq and select multiple?

Is it just me, or does libapreq not handle the response from <select
multiple> correctly? It appears to only make one of the values
accessible.

Re: libapreq and select multiple?

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Jim Winstead wrote:

> On Apr 27, Jim Winstead wrote:
> > Is it just me, or does libapreq not handle the response from <select
> > multiple> correctly? It appears to only make one of the values
> > accessible.
> >
> > From what I can tell, this appears to go all the way down to the
> > Apache::Table implementation, where the underlying Apache data
> > structure does not quite have the perl semantics of no duplicate
> > keys.
> >
> > My ideal would be for $apr->param("selectmultiplename") to return
> > an array ref of the values. But I don't really have much of a clue
> > of where to start to implement this.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Of course, $apr->param("selectmultiplename") returns an array of
> the values in an array context.
>
> Subtle. :)

i think those semantics were borrowed from CGI->param.  as an alternative,
you can use $apr->parms, which is an Apache::Table object.

Re: libapreq and select multiple?

Posted by Jim Winstead <ji...@trainedmonkey.com>.
On Apr 27, Jim Winstead wrote:
> Is it just me, or does libapreq not handle the response from <select
> multiple> correctly? It appears to only make one of the values
> accessible.
>
> From what I can tell, this appears to go all the way down to the
> Apache::Table implementation, where the underlying Apache data
> structure does not quite have the perl semantics of no duplicate
> keys.
>
> My ideal would be for $apr->param("selectmultiplename") to return
> an array ref of the values. But I don't really have much of a clue
> of where to start to implement this.
>
> Thoughts?

Of course, $apr->param("selectmultiplename") returns an array of
the values in an array context.

Subtle. :)

Jim