Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/26 19:40:53 UTC

Implementing OpenSearch For Solr Responses

Hi;

This question my not be directly related to Solr but I want to generate
OpenSearch standard responses from my Solr indexes. As usual I don't expose
my Solr indexes to the outside and I've implemented a custom API for
querying.

My motivation to support OpenSearch is that:
https://developers.google.com/custom-search/json-api/v1/overview

I also know that there was similar conversations about OpenSearch support
at Solr: http://search-lucene.com/?q=opensearch&fc_project=Solr

Solr does not support it right now. Did anybody implemented OpenSearch
specification at their custom API and which libraries or standards did they
use? OpenSearch documentation is pretty poor as you can see:
http://www.opensearch.org/Documentation/Frequently_asked_questions#Where_do_I_get_the_XSD_Schemas.3F
there
is a title for XSD schema but there is not at explanation.

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI