Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/01 10:55:23 UTC

Re: couchdb android unusable?

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Aaron Miller <ap...@ninjawhale.com> wrote:
> You may have an old mochiweb from a previous install. Check the SD Card, in the couch/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib folder. If there are two versions of mochiweb, delete the older one, and this should fix the UTF-8 issue.

Indeed I had an old mochiweb release. Removing it fixed the utf8
issue, thanks! I still have a problem with the cache. But anyway I
think we need a futon designed for such device :)

> For build, I have a dump of my notes in the wiki for the launcher project on github, but if you just want to update couchdb, you should be able to compile on anything replace the proper files on the phone. The native bits (couch-icu-driver, couchjs) shouldn't need to change.

Ok will check it

- benoit

Re: couchdb android unusable?

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@couch.io>.
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 15:55, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed I had an old mochiweb release. Removing it fixed the utf8
> issue, thanks! I still have a problem with the cache. But anyway I
> think we need a futon designed for such device :)

For what it's worth, my ISP caches in a nonstandard way and it damages
Futon, particularly the login system. (Well, technically not Futon.)

It's probably a long-term thing but one day CouchDB will have to accommodate
for the reality of nonstandard caching.

--
Jason Smith
Couchio Hosting