Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com> on 2007/07/26 03:13:06 UTC

embedded broker exceptions

Hello Users,
              Iam trying to use an embedded broker . The  active mq
version  is 4.1.1(release version) . As per the documentation ,
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory implements
javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory.  I get a run time exception in this
regard . The exception is as follows

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory does not implement the
requested  interface javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory

The complete exception statck trace  and activemq.xml is attached.

The Tomcat version is 5.5.20 and Java is 1.6.

The code for starting the broker is
String Prov_URL =
"vm://localhost?brokerConfig=xbean:file:./../../activemq.xml" ;

connectionProperties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, Prov_URL);

connectionProperties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
MessagingConstants.ACTIVEMQ_FACTORY);

conContext = new InitialContext(connectionProperties);

TopicConnectionFactory Herbiefactory = null;

javax.jms.TopicConnection HerbieTopic=null ;

// lookup the connection factory

Herbiefactory =(ActiveMQConnectionFactory)
conContext.lookup("ConnectionFactory");  //exception is caused at this
line .

// create a new TopicConnection for subscribing and receiving events

HerbieTopic = Herbiefactory.createTopicConnection();

All the needed jars are placed in common/lib of Tomcat.

Please let me know, if Iam missing something

thank you,

Suchitha.

RE: embedded broker exceptions

Posted by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com>.
I also tried to create and start an embedded broker via JNDI resource.
The JNDI resources are  specified in Tomcat/conf/context.xml
  <Resource name="jms/UserTopic"
    		  auth="Container"
    		  type="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic"
    		  description="the topic against which the client back
end will publish and server back end would subscribe"

factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
  	          physicalName="FOO1.BAR"/>

      <Resource name="jms/CMMTopic"
    		  auth="Container"
    		  type="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic"
    		  description="the topic against which the server back
end will publish and client back end would subscribe"

factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
  	          physicalName="FOO2.BAR"/>

        <Resource
        	name="jms/ConnectionFactory"
        	auth="Container"
        	type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
        	description="JMS Connection Factory"
       	 	factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"

brokerURL="vm://localhost?brokerConfig=xbean:activemq.xml"

       />
The code for connecting to the broker is

Herbiefactory =(ActiveMQConnectionFactory)
envContext.lookup("jms/ConnectionFactory");

HerbieTopic = Herbiefactory.createTopicConnection(); // again exception
occurs at this line.

I still get the same exception .
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory does not implement the
requested interface javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory

The exception stack trace is attached.

Thanks,
Suchitha.

Posted by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com>.